How to Get Compensation for Birmingham Flight Delays?
Despite there being very few cases of flight delays at the Birmingham Airport, it is still a good idea to understand your rights and entitlements as a passenger. According to EU laws, you can claim compensation if there is a flight delay or holdup caused by an airline for over 3 hours for reasons that are within the control of the airline. Any airline delay at the Birmingham Airport can ruin your trip and in case of any delays hampering your travel plans, we are there to help you.
Typically, interpreting the reasons for Birmingham Airport flight delays and stoppages can be quite tricky for you as a passenger, especially if you need to find out if there are any Birmingham airport delays today, which is why we offer you the delay compensation claim service to all Birmingham Airport passengers. This can help you to avoid having to interpret the law, being engaged actively in the claims court case and all the back and forth correspondence for compensation claims in Birmingham.
Delayed at Birmingham Airport? Try These 4 Ways to improve your chances of compensation!
- Use your mobile phone to collect photos & video evidence of your delay, including receipts and accounts of your delay.
- Try to ascertain the reason for the Airline delay with the Airline itself.
- The Airline has a duty to provide you with basic benefits & services – ensure they do this during your wait.
- Speak to other affected passengers to get their account of what’s going on & make sure you swap contact info.
We Are The Answer For Flight Delay Claims at Birmingham Airport
We are your No. 1 solution and can handle your Birmingham Airport delay compensation claims. We have the expertise in flight claims and have been providing the service for several years and so, we have a great deal of experience with all the major airlines operating from Birmingham Airport. We have a success rate of 98% with flight compensation claims and you can rely on us to deliver positive results as long as you qualify for compensation.
Serving Disgruntled Passengers After Long Birmingham Airport Delays
We have successfully ensured that thousands of passengers from Birmingham Airport have received compensation. All you have to do is provide us with the details of your delayed flight and we will handle the entire process from there, right from the start to finish while you simply sit back and relax having complete peace of mind that we’ll take care of your claims process for you.
Frequently Asked Questions About Birmingham Delays
What kind of flight delays at Birmingham Airport (BHX) can I claim for?
Any delayed flights from Birmingham Airport, cancelled flights, or overbooked (denied boarding) that entail a delay of more than 2-3 hours are seen as potential grounds to make a claim against the airline and give you a chance to get your money back.
However, claiming for delay and disruption claim at Birmingham airport due to snow delays would likely not be covered as these may be considered extraordinary circumstances in which the Airline has no control over. So Snow, Fog, Extreme weather delays would not entitle you to compensation.
What Airlines Fly From Birmingham?
The following airlines all fly from Birmingham airport and any of them could be in a situation where they must compensate passengers as ruled by EU reg 261/2004.
- Thomson Airways
- Monarch Airlines
- Thomas Cook Airlines
- Wizz Air
- Primera Air
- Norwegian Air Shuttle
- Air France
- Aer Lingus Regional
- Eastern Airways
- Iceland Air
- Turkish Airlines
- Scandinavian Airlines
- Brussels Airlines
- Czech Airlines
- Iberia Express
- Swiss International Airlines
I’ve been delayed at Birmingham Airport, Am I entitled to any services & benefits?
Here’s what you can be eligible for depending on distance and waiting time:
- Distance under 1500km (930 miles): If you’ve been waiting 2 hours you can get complimentary drinks, some food and up to 2 phone calls & emails.
- Distance between 1500-3500 km (930 – 2175 miles): If you’ve been waiting 3 hours you’re entitled to the same as above.
- Distance from 3500km (2175 miles): As of 4 hours of waiting, it’s the same as above.
- If your delay extends beyond 5 hours you are then completely allowed to cancel your flight with the airline. They will have to refund or offer you alternative transport.
- Departure not until the following day: You’re allowed a night in a hotel (travel & hotel must be covered by the airline). You can get in touch with the airline to ask for confirmation.