How You Can Claim Compensation for A Delayed Flight at London City Airport
Irrespective of the airline that caused you to be delayed at London City Airport, you can rely on us to fight for your right to claim compensation. And, the best way in which you can claim compensation for flight delays at London City Airport is by allowing
our professional, expert team to analyse and handle the claim on your behalf and file for compensation.
We have several years of experience in the aviation compensation industry and we have aided thousands of passengers to get compensation for flights that have been delayed. We understand the UK laws on flight delay compensation and we will not pursue the case if we don’t believe that it qualifies for a payout.
So, if your flight was delayed for over 3 hours after the scheduled time and the airline is responsible for the same, then as per the EU laws, you can claim for compensation even 6 years down the line. You can get compensation up to £510 per ticket. Give us the details of your delayed flight at London City Airport and we can help to kick start your compensation claim process right away.
Flight Delays at London City Airport
The most common reason for flight cancellations and delays at London City airport is bad weather conditions and the worst case occurred in October 2012, when over 500 flights were delayed and over 50 flights were cancelled from London City Airport after a blanket of fog occurred for more than 60 hours.
In terms of the suspended flights at London City Airport, according to the CAA, this is around 13%. In 2016, the LCY Airport suffered the greatest number of delays and its ratio of cancellations was among the worst in the United Kingdom.
London City Airport is a single runway airport and is often affected if there is any runway issue, which often causes extended delays. A stress fracture that occurred on the runway in May 2015 caused several flights to be delayed for several hours as the maintenance crews worked to rectify the issue. Strikes that affected other parts of the EU and the United Kingdom aviation sector also caused further deterrents.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are my rights when a flight has been overbooked, cancelled or delayed at London City Airport?
- If the flight falls within EU Regulation 261/2004, you’re entitled to up to £530 in compensation, per ticket holder
- The main reasons are being delayed for 3 hours or more because of a cancellation, overbooking, or due to the Airline’s own fault
- The above applies to tickets bought 6 years ago
- Flight delay compensation claims are the same regardless of how much they cost
What Should I do when my flight’s delayed at London City Airport?
- Get your detective hat on and get as much evidence as possible, use your phone too to take photo/video evidence of receipts
- Evidence of what you’ve had to spend on refreshments & food during your delay
- Evidence to prove it was not the weather (if that is the case),
- Check to see if other Airlines are having departure problems (if not get evidence to support your claim)
- Speak directly to the airline to find out why there is a delay
- Swap contact info with other passengers
- Passengers are rightly due basic services and refreshments during a delay, provided in the form of vouchers by the airline
How do I find London City Airport delays today?
Visit the London City website here https://www.londoncityairport.com/departures-and-arrivals to get up to date flight cancellation for today.
Airlines most likely to be delayed at London City Airport
We’re not sure which are most likely going to be cancelled, overbooked or delayed, but here’s a list of Airlines flying from this Airport:
- Aer Lingus
- British Airways
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Swiss International Airlines
- Tap Portugal
Get Compensation for your delay at London City – speak to one of our specialist claim agents today!
- Was your flight delayed by 3 hours or more?
- Were you denied boarding or missed a connection?
- Was your flight re-routed to a completely different Airport?
- We are Flight Claim Specialists
- We will fight the airlines on your behalf
- Get up to £530 compensation per passenger
- No Win – No Fee